FIFA 2022 World Cup Ticketing Portal Open for Initial Sales
From today, football fans all over the globe are being given the opportunity to get their hands on tickets for the upcoming FIFA 2022 World Cup Qatar.
The initial sales promotion for World Cup tickets, offering fans a chance to apply for seats across all matches over the 2022 tournament, runs for three weeks - January 19th to February 8th.
During the opening sales phase, fans can submit their applications for a range of tickets and packages via FIFA’s ticketing portal.
Tickets will be allocated following the closing of the application period (February 8th at 1 pm local time), meaning it will make no difference whether applications are submitted on the first day of the promotion, the last day or any time in between.
In cases where the number of tickets applied for exceeds those available, they will be allocated in a random selection draw process.
Applicants will be notified of the success of their application in early March, at which point payment will be required and relevant instructions provided.
Tickets and Packages
A variety of tickets and packages are on sale with availability from the Group Stage matches up to the Final. Fans are provided with options for purchasing single match tickets and, thanks to Qatar’s compact nature, batches of tickets to follow specific teams or visit several stadiums.
The tickets and packages on offer include:
- Individual Match Ticket(s):
Tickets for specific matches across all stages of the tournament.
Up to six tickets per match in one ticket category and up to sixty tickets throughout the tournament may be purchased under a single name.
- Team-Specific Ticket Series:
Ticket packages that allow fans to follow their team throughout the tournament.
- Stadium Ticket Series:
Ticket packages that enable fans to attend four different matches in four different stadiums on subsequent days - a fairly worthwhile endeavour considering the world-class stadiums Qatar has constructed for the 2022 event!
- Accessibility Tickets:
Tickets that provide the holder with access to specific facilities and spaces for disabled people and people with limited mobility.
The draw for the 2022 World Cup Group Stage takes place on April 1st. Prior to that date, FIFA intends to provide fans with a second chance to book tickets for the tournament. Armed with the knowledge of which teams are playing whom, fans will be able to purchase single tickets and packages as during the initial sales phase, but also several additional products, including:
- Supporter tickets:
Tickets for fans looking to join their team’s fellow supporters in the stands.
- Conditional Supporter Tickets:
Tickets for fans who would like to reserve seats for their team’s potential encounters in the knockout rounds, including the Final.
The second phase of sales will be operated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets for seats during the 2022 World Cup, whether for individual matches or those sold for batches of games, are on sale under several categories:
- Category 1: The highest-priced tickets, with seats located in prime areas of the stadium.
Individual tickets for the Group Stage* of the tournament are approximately $200, with prices rising at each stage to the Final, where premium seats will set fans back around $1,600.
- Category 2: The second highest priced tickets, with seats located in desirable locations outside the prime stadium areas.
Individual tickets for the Group Stage* of the tournament are approximately $160, with prices rising at each stage to the Final, where premium seats will set fans back around $1,000.
- Category 3: The lowest priced tickets for visitors to Qatar, with seats located outside the Category 1 and 2 areas.
Individual tickets for the Group Stage* of the tournament are approximately $60-70, with prices rising at each stage to the Final, where premium seats will set fans back around $600.
- Category 4: the most affordable ticket prices and reserved exclusively for Qatari residents. Prices start at approximately $10.
*Prices for the opening match of the tournament start at approximately $300 for Category 3 seats and rise to roughly $600 for Category 1 seats.
Ticket packages will command a more significant sum per Category but will also follow the four category pricing system.
VISA cards are the exclusive payment method accepted for residents of Qatar, while VISA and other payment cards are accepted for international fans.
Applying for Tickets
To apply for the chance to attend what is being hailed as the best World Cup ever, fans need to head to the Ticketing Portal on the FIFA website.
- To enter the ticketing portal, visitors need to register as international guests or Qatari residents.
- Upon entering the portal, visitors will be asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account, providing all relevant contact information.
- Once signed in, guests may choose the type of ticket they wish to apply for from the four products available - Individual Tickets, Team-Specific Series, Stadium Series or Accessibility Tickets.
- Guests may then select the match or ticket series they would like, choosing a Category and the number of tickets required. If more than one ticket is required, the names and contact details of each individual attending the event must be provided.
- Having selected the type, Category and number of tickets desired, guests will be asked to check all contact details and provide any additional information before confirming their choices and submitting their applications.
- Then, all fans have to do is wait for notification on whether their application has been successful or not.
Good luck, and hope to see you in November!